Wednesday 1 August 2018

Charles the Curio Collector


This is Charles, the Curio Collector.
He is a 12th scale OOAK commissioned figure.


Charles is the fifth or sixth collector doll I've made now, but I especially love this one as he looks exactly like a dear old friend of mine named Charles who was an artist, a collector, a writer and passionate maker of potent cider. He would have found it very amusing this doll looked a bit like him I am sure!! 



I'm rather fond of these dolls which appear to be collecting things...or working in shops or studios with lots of bits and bobs gathered around them. It makes for a lovely display of little things you have gathered up over the years. My little scene contains a few pewter cast miniatures I have painted, but also has some tiny animal bones, jewellery, charms, things from Christmas crackers, cake decorations, and other random curiously shaped bits and pieces that look interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment