Thursday 2 April 2009

A bit of catching up with this year's news so far...

A little bit of looking back over my shoulder to get up to date!
Last year I joined AIM (artisans in miniature) and IGMA ( international guild of miniature artisans) and DAME ( doll artists and miniature enthusiasts) and also made pages on MySpace and Facebook and updated my own website. I am still also in several other miniature groups and forums.

Earlier this year I had my first figures published in the doll magazines, and had a few figures on display at smaller fairs, and then Dame Edna and the cast of Fawlty Towers at the spring Miniatura show at the NEC. I had an article on one of my Fine Art-inspired dolls in the February AIM magazine too.

At the NEC the British Toymaker's Guild had a stand and I asked to be assessed to join and was delighted to be accepted!

I also accepted my first commissioned figures from someone who wasn't 'friends and family' which was exciting and worrying in equal measure, and I was anxious to do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment